Contenido translation to FRENCH

Fragen zur Installation von CONTENIDO 4.9? Probleme bei der Konfiguration? Hinweise oder Fragen zur Entwicklung des Systemes oder zur Sicherheit?
Antworten
thibaut
Contenido translation to FRENCH

Beitrag von thibaut » Sa 10. Jan 2004, 00:49

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay but I experienced multiple system crashs since my last post ...

Anyway, here is my first contribution to the contenido community, hoping that will help french users to try and move on contenido :)

Please report errors so that I'll try my best to deliver a more up2date version to integrate in the next contenido release. By the way, when will be the next scheduled release ?

You can grab the zip file contening the XML menu file, and the po files (fr_FR) here : French translation files

Cheers,
Thibaut

htw
french translation

Beitrag von htw » Sa 10. Jan 2004, 09:52

Hi,

thanks for your translation. We will integrate your files in the next stable release 4.4.3 and the next alpha version 4.5.x.

Best regards
Harald

If you don´t mind we will send you the last beta for translation before we issue the next stable release 4.6.

thibaut
Re

Beitrag von thibaut » So 11. Jan 2004, 23:57

Hi again,

I've just downloaded the lastest release (4.4.2), and in the setup files I've again noticed that you're not using the Locales files for translation.

Wouldn't that be nice to integrate all the messages to be translated in the LC_MESSAGE files ? I mean, it's a pain in the a** to translate all the *.tpl and php files !! I've done it for the past release but it's quite annoying o parse all the setup files to find the strings.

Moreover, it can simply be added as install_stepX_[message] in the locales so I do not get the point ... :?:

For the french translation, do not hesitate to send the files over, it'll be a pleasure :D . By the way, I have not seen a "Translation" forum, it would be nice for us all, I don't really know where to post :?

Keep up the good work
Thibaut

htw
Translation

Beitrag von htw » Mo 12. Jan 2004, 10:15

Hi thibaut,

good idea. We will provide within the next two days a new forum for translations.

In my opinion it should be enough tp provide the setup only in english (and of course in german ;-).

Best regards
Harald

thibaut
Langages

Beitrag von thibaut » Mo 12. Jan 2004, 11:45

Hi Harald,

I don't want to bother anyone about translation, and I think English would be enough for the installation process, but as far as you integrate German, I don't knwo why other languages like French and Spanish wouldn't have their place :)

IMO, the simpler the installation is, the more people will be interested in Contenido. And it's a great pleasure to see that your langage has not been forgotten while using an app... Also, if the installation is possible in most used langages, you'll have less problems with users not understanding the english error messages, which implies less support asked for this process.

Anyway, even if you don't wanna go this way, what about using the locales for the translated installation strings ?

Cheers,
Thibaut

timo
Re: Langages

Beitrag von timo » Mo 12. Jan 2004, 11:48

thibaut hat geschrieben:IMO, the simpler the installation is, the more people will be interested in Contenido. And it's a great pleasure to see that your langage has not been forgotten while using an app... Also, if the installation is possible in most used langages, you'll have less problems with users not understanding the english error messages, which implies less support asked for this process.
That's a historical thing. German was the language which was used first, then german was added. The problem is that it's hard to i18n the setup script also, since it's much work to do so (seperate config just for the setup, rewriting all the templates to i18n, supporting systems that don't have gettext and more).

IMHO, english is enough as you can choose the language when entering the setup.

htw
Beitrag von htw » Mo 12. Jan 2004, 12:29

Hi thibault,

let this be an open issue ;-)

Maybe there is an brillian idea waiting behind the corner - let´s see.

Cheers
Harald

Antworten