con_content problem

ilias
con_content problem

Beitrag von ilias » Mo 26. Aug 2013, 07:24

Dear friends,
i have a serious problem. Without any reason, it is empty the table con_content from my database at both versions 4.8.15 and 4.8.18.
That means that shows all my sites without content, just the layouts.
Have you any idea why it is happeded?

Best Regards
Ilias

xmurrix
Re: con_content problem

Beitrag von xmurrix » Do 29. Aug 2013, 09:09

Hi ilias,

really a bad news, I hope you could restore it.

The table con_content should never be flushed. If this happens, whatever the reason may was, you can only restore it by importing an existing backup.

It is more important to find out the cause for this. Who did flushed the table, was it a person using a database administration tool and this person wanted to flush "con_code" and accidentally selected "con_content" or do you have a serious problem like someone hacked your CONTENIDO installation and did this by executing a injected code?

I assume that the former case was the reason for this, just a mistake by a human being. In case of the latter, you should check your sources and log files for conspicuous changes/entries.

Good luck to you...

Regards,
xmurrix
CONTENIDO Downloads: CONTENIDO 4.10.1
CONTENIDO Links: Dokumentationsportal, FAQ, API-Dokumentation
CONTENIDO @ Github: CONTENIDO 4.10 - Mit einem Entwicklungszweig (develop-branch), das viele Verbesserungen/Optimierungen erhalten hat und auf Stabilität und Kompatibilität mit PHP 8.0 bis 8.2 getrimmt wurde.

ilias

Beitrag von ilias » Do 29. Aug 2013, 09:41

Dear xmurrix,
i install from the begining the contenido and copy paste the html code at the layout.
Then i create articles and import the words. After 1 day, i saw the same problem. The site shows only the layouts and it is empty from content (words,photos).
My hosting company says that they did not any changes at my account. The database always crashes at the content.
I do not know whta else i have to do.

Best Regards
ilias

ilias

Beitrag von ilias » Mi 4. Sep 2013, 08:14

Does anyone knows why always the tables are empty of content???
It is clean of virus, nobody else has the passwords instead of me of the databases.
It is a bug that i cannot solve it and i have my clients without content but only the layout.

Please help me

Best Regards
Ilias

xmurrix

Beitrag von xmurrix » Mi 4. Sep 2013, 09:02

Morning Ilias,

checked the sources in 4.8.18 right now, could find two occurrences of SQL statements executing delete operation on content table.

Function conDeleteart() in contenido/includes/functions.con.php

Code: Alles auswählen

$sql = "DELETE FROM ".$cfg["tab"]["content"]." WHERE idartlang = '".Contenido_Security::toInteger($idartlang)."'";
Function langDeleteLanguage() in contenido/includes/functions.lang.php

$sql = "DELETE FROM ".$cfg["tab"]["content"]." WHERE idartlang = '".Contenido_Security::toInteger($value)."'";
It's impossible to delete the whole content table in both cases.

The reason for your problem must be something else, please double check all your delete statements in modules and/or plugins.
Check also if the global $cgf["tab"] array contains correct table names.

I have no solution for you unless we can't reproduce or track down the problem.

Regards,
xmurrix
CONTENIDO @ Github: CONTENIDO 4.10 - Mit einem Entwicklungszweig (develop-branch), das viele Verbesserungen/Optimierungen erhalten hat und auf Stabilität und Kompatibilität mit PHP 8.0 bis 8.2 getrimmt wurde.

ilias

Beitrag von ilias » Mi 4. Sep 2013, 09:13

Dear xmurixx,
everything was ok till last june. Suddenly, i have this problem without make any moves by myself.
i checked everything and i see that nothing is incorrect.
Also, check my php.ini if there is the problem there (i do not think so).
i do not know what else should i do. May be i change a script??

Best Regards
Ilias
Dateianhänge
php.ini.rar
Php.ini
(14.07 KiB) 133-mal heruntergeladen

xmurrix

Beitrag von xmurrix » Mi 4. Sep 2013, 09:46

You are saying that everything was OK until June. Did the provider made some updates on the server, e. g. new PHP and or MySQL version?

Do you have any suspicious entries in your errorlog.txt (contenido/logs/)?

I recommend you to enable query log in PHP. All Database operations are executed by using the DB_Contenido class, you could implement a simple logging functionality as follows:
Open conlib/local.php and add following function to the class DB_Contenido

function query($str) {
        global $cfg;

if (false !== stripos($str, "DELETE FROM")) {
            // Possible delete query, log it!
            $msg = "date:  " . date("YmdHis") . "\n" .
                   "query: " . $str . "\n" .
                   "trace: " . debug_backtrace() . "\n" .
                   str_repeat("*", 70) . "\n";
            $file = $cfg["path"]["contenido"] . "logs/querylog.txt";
            file_put_contents($file, $msg, FILE_APPEND);
        }

return parent::query($str);
    }
This should log all executed delete queries via DB_Contenido class. But it will not work, if someone uses build in MySQL functions like mysql_query(). You cal also enable the query log in MySQL (see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/query-log.html).

Both solutions should be used wisely since they produce a lot of data and may slow down the system.

Check also your server logs (access logs) for suspicious entries. Its easy do manipulate the database from outside by using a SQL Injection attack. You should validate and escape incoming data in your modules.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL_injection

Regards,
xmurrix

ilias

Beitrag von ilias » Mi 4. Sep 2013, 10:21

My server (fatcow.com) made some updates but they told me that nothing has to do with my account. They gives me the opportunity to change php 5.2 to php 5.3 but i did not this change.
The error lof of contenido
http://24htrips.com/contenido-neu/conte ... rorlog.txt that you can check it.
It says an error in con_phplib_active_sessions and front_content. The con_phplib_active_sessions always crashes BUT ALWAYS and i have to restore it.

Server Statistics.
Platform Type:
Debian
MySQL Version:
5.0.91-log
Perl Version:
PHP Version:

MY clients (15 of them) are sued me.

Faar

Beitrag von Faar » Mi 4. Sep 2013, 10:40

My server (fatcow.com) made some updates but they told me that nothing has to do with my account.
I heard the same message two weeks ago from a german hosting provider :lol:
But in fact, the database was stuffed with an huge statistik table.
After purging this table, the other sql-statements did work fine.

And in your errorlog is something strange with the session-value. It seems too big and the session table should be repaired.
So look at the database if there are too large tables like statistik or such.
Purge them and repair all tables and perhaps evereything will work fine.

On the other hand, the harddisk could be damaged and thats why the database makes trouble.
There we are again on the quoted sentence :)
Fliegt der Bauer übers Dach, ist der Wind weißgott nicht schwach.

ilias

Beitrag von ilias » Mi 4. Sep 2013, 10:45

Dear Faar,
i made a new installation at contenido 4.8.15 with a new client and i have the same problem. So, it is not that there are large tables.

Best Regards
Ilias Pappis

Spider IT

Beitrag von Spider IT » Mi 4. Sep 2013, 11:04

Hi Ilias,

it's only nine weeks until I'm with you.
If you can manage to keep restoring the database(s) until then (maybe by a cronjob), we'll debug the whole system together.

Kind regards
René

ilias

Beitrag von ilias » Mi 4. Sep 2013, 11:09

Dear Rene,
probably i have to wait for you because nothing is change. Only the earth.

Best Regards
Ilias

xmurrix

Beitrag von xmurrix » Mi 4. Sep 2013, 13:54

Hi Ilias,

I see a lot of entries like

[28-Aug-2013 15:46:59] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method DB_Contenido::disconnect() in .../contenido-neu/vasileiadis/front_content.php on line 981
But CONTENIDO doesn't have a disconnect method in the Database class DB_Contenido. Who is using this and did you changed the Core of CONTENIDO, or do you use another non official version of CONTENIDO? Maybe some of your used modules are not compatible with your CONTENIDO installation.

Then there are entries as follows

[03-Sep-2013 00:00:33] PHP Warning:  Unexpected character in input:  '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in ...contenido-neu/katerina/front_content.php(926) : eval()'d code on line 69
This warning is a indication for usage of backslashes in your layout or module. This could be also the backslash used for PHP namespacing, which would not work in your case, because it requires at least PHP 5.3...

Entries like

[31-Aug-2013 06:06:55] / MySQL error 145: Table './contenido/con_phplib_active_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
could be fixed by repairing the table. You can do this via phpMyAdmin or by executing the command from the console.
See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4357 ... e-repaired

[30-Aug-2013 01:42:54] PHP Warning:  array_multisort() [<a href='function.array-multisort'>function.array-multisort</a>]: Argument #1 is expected to be an array or a sort flag in .../contenido-neu/martialart/front_content.php(924) : eval()'d code on line 315
Are a hint about using array_multisort() with a parameter which is not an array.

As I wrote before, please check your modules and plugins, especially own or third party modules/plugins, they may have security holes.

You should also consider to secure your backend by using basic HTTP authentication (htpasswd). CONTENIDO does an authentication check and has some security solutions, but you can not count on this in case of plugins. An anonymous user may have no access to the backend itself, but it could be possible to access a plugin which has a security hole.

Regards,
xmurrix

Spider IT

Beitrag von Spider IT » Mi 4. Sep 2013, 14:17

Hi Murat,
xmurrix hat geschrieben:But CONTENIDO doesn't have a disconnect method in the Database class DB_Contenido. Who is using this and did you changed the Core of CONTENIDO, or do you use another non official version of CONTENIDO? Maybe some of your used modules are not compatible with your CONTENIDO installation.
this is a call to a function to close the DB connection which isn't implemented yet.
The call was copied from another CMS package which I may not mention here, but installed is a regular Contenido.

Kind regards
René

ilias

Beitrag von ilias » Do 5. Sep 2013, 06:18

Dear Xmurixx,
all the modules that being installed at my clients, have been downloaded by this forum.
I did not change anything at contenido. Only i have removed the langauges that are not good for me. And i changed images.
But this is not the problem.
Please check this from another installation contenido log

[04-Sep-2013 03:11:12] PHP Warning:  htmlentities() [<a href='function.htmlentities'>function.htmlentities</a>]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument in /hermes/web09/b2468/moo.connectsmartworld/theatriki/contenido/classes/class.search.php on line 476
[04-Sep-2013 03:11:12] PHP Warning:  htmlentities() [<a href='function.htmlentities'>function.htmlentities</a>]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument in /hermes/web09/b2468/moo.connectsmartworld/theatriki/contenido/classes/class.search.php on line 476
[05-Sep-2013 01:03:37] PHP Warning:  Unexpected character in input:  '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /hermes/web09/b2468/moo.connectsmartworld/theatriki/cms/front_content.php(926) : eval()'d code on line 22
[05-Sep-2013 01:03:37] PHP Warning:  Unexpected character in input:  ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /hermes/web09/b2468/moo.connectsmartworld/theatriki/cms/front_content.php(926) : eval()'d code on line 22
[05-Sep-2013 01:03:37] PHP Warning:  Unexpected character in input:  '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /hermes/web09/b2468/moo.connectsmartworld/theatriki/cms/front_content.php(926) : eval()'d code on line 22
[05-Sep-2013 01:03:37] PHP Warning:  Unexpected character in input:  ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /hermes/web09/b2468/moo.connectsmartworld/theatriki/cms/front_content.php(926) : eval()'d code on line 22
[05-Sep-2013 01:03:37] PHP Warning:  Unexpected character in input:  '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /hermes/web09/b2468/moo.connectsmartworld/theatriki/cms/front_content.php(926) : eval()'d code on line 23
[05-Sep-2013 01:03:37] PHP Warning:  Unexpected character in input:  ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /hermes/web09/b2468/moo.connectsmartworld/theatriki/cms/front_content.php(926) : eval()'d code on line 23
[05-Sep-2013 01:03:37] PHP Warning:  Unexpected character in input:  '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /hermes/web09/b2468/moo.connectsmartworld/theatriki/cms/front_content.php(926) : eval()'d code on line 23
[05-Sep-2013 01:03:37] PHP Warning:  Unexpected character in input:  ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /hermes/web09/b2468/moo.connectsmartworld/theatriki/cms/front_content.php(926) : eval()'d code on line 23
[05-Sep-2013 01:03:37] PHP Warning:  Unexpected character in input:  '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /hermes/web09/b2468/moo.connectsmartworld/theatriki/cms/front_content.php(926) : eval()'d code on line 24
[05-Sep-2013 01:03:37] PHP Warning:  Unexpected character in input:  ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /hermes/web09/b2468/moo.connectsmartworld/theatriki/cms/front_content.php(926) : eval()'d code on line 24
[05-Sep-2013 01:03:37] PHP Warning:  Unexpected character in input:  '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /hermes/web09/b2468/moo.connectsmartworld/theatriki/cms/front_content.php(926) : eval()'d code on line 24
[05-Sep-2013 01:03:37] PHP Warning:  Unexpected character in input:  ''' (ASCII=39) state=1 in /hermes/web09/b2468/moo.connectsmartworld/theatriki/cms/front_content.php(926) : eval()'d code on line 24
[05-Sep-2013 01:03:37] PHP Warning:  Unexpected character in input:  '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /hermes/web09/b2468/moo.connectsmartworld/theatriki/cms/front_content.php(926) : eval()'d code on line 25
[05-Sep-2013 01:03:37] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /hermes/web09/b2468/moo.connectsmartworld/theatriki/cms/front_content.php(926) : eval()'d code on line 35
What makes the content to be disappered??

Best Regards
Ilias

Gesperrt